Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Line On The Horizon

U2's newest album was released yesterday, and I was the first one at the store.

I sat in the parking lot and listened to the first 3 tracks before I could put the car in gear. Pretty awesome start to the album.

I really, really like it, although I don't love it - yet - but could grow on me. I didn't hear any anthems like "Sunday Bloody Sunday" or "Please". And I didn't hear any love songs like "One" or "With or Without You", or "All I Want is You."

It is definitely U2 though, and there are some thumping, blood pumping beats by Adam and Larry. Two songs, "No Line on the Horizon" and "Get On Your Boots" are already on my workout playlist.

I've only listened to the album twice all the way through, so I'm going to need to listen some more.

In my opinion, this is not one of their top 5 albums. I'm going to slot it at 6, behind Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind, How to Dismantle an Atomic bomb, and Rattle and Hum.

No comments: